Health & Safety Rep, Workplace Rep, Executive, Board
Bargaining Unit: OPS
District: GTA North - North York/ Newmarket/ Aurora
Ministry: Ministry of Health
Phone: (416) 326-6043
Through both work experience and community involvement, Chris brings an abundance of financial aptitude and skills, including: over eight years as a Financial Analyst, Senior Financial Analyst, a Financial Assistant and a Financial Management Officer with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
Experience that Chris brings includes:
- Being an OPS workplace activist during the 2012 (5700 Yonge Street, Toronto Building Coordinator) and 2014 (Floor Coordinator) OPS Bargaining mobilization campaign where he organized the building committee, coordinated mobilization events with OPSEU members, and has been a primary contact for members at 5700 Yonge Street, Toronto;
- Member and Chair of the Resolutions Committee, 2013 and 2014;
- Member the Audit Committee 2013 and 2014;
- Chair of the Audit Committee 2014; and
- Member of the OPS Bargaining Advisory Committee.
As a member of the Executive and in the position of Treasurer, Chris is an Advisor to the Audit Committee, Chair of the Finance Committee and a member of the Executive Committee.
As the newly elected Treasurer, Chris is committed to providing all AMAPCEO members with well-rounded financial leadership. His focus is on AMAPCEO’s sound financial management while also identifying affordable and evolutionary improvements. Chris will work to ensure that AMAPCEO can continue its excellent membership services and expand its supports and membership development to build internal capacity.
To stay in touch on social media you can follow him on Twitter at @C_S_Harper.