Updates for Members on COVID-19
AMAPCEO is continuing to monitor this evolving situation, and will keep this page updated.
- Ontario Public Service: The OPS Employer has paused its gradual return to workplaces until at least late January 2021.
- FSRA: current work arrangements have been extended until further notice.
- Ontario Arts Council: current work arrangements have been extended until further notice.
- Ontario Health - Quality Unit (formerly HQO): current work arrangements have been extended until further notice.
- Ontario Ombudsman: current work arrangements have been extended until further notice.
- Public Health Ontario: current work arrangements have been extended until further notice.
- Waypoint Centre for Mental Health Care: visitor restrictions and other measures are in place.
Each employer will maintain regular contact with staff through workplace channels. AMAPCEO will also provide updates where appropriate.
- If you have a concern about your workplace, let your manager and your local Joint Health & Safety Committee know.
Where possible, AMAPCEO meetings and events are occurring via audio/video conferencing.
AMAPCEO staff are working remotely while ensuring no loss of service to members.
- Health & Safety Representatives: trained AMAPCEO members who work cooperatively with the employer to address occupational health and safety issues in the workplace.
- Workplace Representatives: trained AMAPCEO members who can confidentially assist you in the workplace.
Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Work Health Life: offers free, immediate, and confidential assistance for any work, health, or life concern. Website features many helpful resources, and personal services are available by phone, live chat, email.
- ontario.ca/coronavirus: information from Ontario's Ministry of Health on how to protect yourself, what to do if you're sick, and how to recognize possible symptoms. Available in 30 languages.
- Telehealth Ontario: a Registered Nurse will take your confidential call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for free. 1-866-797-0000
- Find your local Public Health unit.
Travel Advisories & Restrictions
- travel.gc.ca: important travel advisories and restrictions from the Government of Canada related to COVID-19.
- Mental Health Resources: AMAPCEO
- Canadian Mental Health Association: CAMH
- Mental health checklist for getting through quarantine: The Conference Board of Canada
- Taking care of your mental health: Ottawa Public Health
- How to stay optomistic when everything seems wrong: New York Times
- How to avoid burnout amid a pandemic: BBC Worklife
- The 11 Best Meditation Apps to Help You Find Inner Peace: Good Housekeeping
- Tips for coping with our changing reality: Morneau Shepell
- Mental health resources and tools for COVID-19: Morneau Shepell
- Free government sponsored mental health programs: Morneau Shepell
Health & Safety
- Yoga and family fitness: YMCA
- Pandemic shows you don't need a gym to work out: Globe and Mail
- Why a wellness routine is your top priority amid protests and the pandemic - and how to start: CNN
- Can't stop touching your face? Here's how to break a bad habit: Globe and Mail
- Expert offers advice on how to avoid toxic, even deadly, cleaning mistakes: CBC News
- 5 ways to make your own COVID-19 face mask at home: Chatelaine
- How to keep your shoes COVID-19 free – and other pandemic cleaning tips for your home via Toronto Star
- Everything you need to know about face masks: Toronto Star
- Summer is here, and your mask is sweaty. Here's what to do about it: CNN
Domestic Violence Resources
- Support for domestic violence: CBC News
- Crisis support for abused women & seniors amid COVID-19 Pandemic: Assaulted Women’s Helpline
- Signal for help: Canadian Women's Foundation
- Francophone hotline for domestic violence: Femaide
- Confidential hotline for Indigenous women across Ontario: Talk4Healing
- Domestic violence during a pandemic: TVO
- COVID-19 isolation measures increase risk for those in abusive relationships: CBC News
- A new Covid-19 crisis: domestic abuse rises worldwide: New York Times
- Telecommuting tips: AMAPCEO
- How to work from home while being your best self: Slack HQ
- Tips for avoiding back pain and injury while working from home: CBC News
- How to avoid getting injured while working from home: Halifax Examiner
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Government of Canada
- Apply for Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB): Canada Revenue Agency
- Apply for EI sick benefits: Government of Canada
- Parental support (one-time payment for at-home learning): Government of Ontario
- Carleton prof creates plain-language guide for getting government aid: Ottawa Citizen
- How to stay safe online during the COVID-19 crisis: Amnesty Organization
- Pandemic financial habits that are worth keeping when all this is over: Toronto Sar
Child and Parent Resources
- Learn at home: Government of Ontario
- Tips for keeping kids occupied: Globe and Mail
- 101 ideas to keep your kids occupied: Forbes
- What are my rights as a parent or caregiver during the COVID-19 crisis?: Goldblatt Partners
- Child/parent circle and story time: YMCA
- Why some kids are happier right now, and other unexpected effects of quarantine: CNN
- Learning from home: nature activities for kids: Evergreen Brickworks
- Physical activities for kids: Active for life
- Resources for supporting children's emotional well-being during the COVID-19 pandemic: Child Trends
Mental health and well-being resources for students during COVID-19: Toronto District School Board