AMAPCEO Activist Awards
Any AMAPCEO member in good standing may nominate an activist or group that has demonstrated outstanding service in their individual or team role. Assessment and selection will be carried out by the members of the Activist Recognition Committee. Recipient(s) will be announced, and awards presented at this year’s Annual Delegates’ Conference.
Do you have a question about a nomination you would like to submit? Do you need advice on how to create an excellent award submission?
Nominations for Activist Awards for 2022 are now closed.
Nominations are divided into three categories:
The Gary Gannage Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement
The Gary Gannage Memorial Award for Lifetime Achievement is presented to an AMAPCEO member who has distinguished themselves through a lifetime of contributions and dedication to the advancement of the union.
The award honours a member who has ten or more years of experience as an activist, has not previously received an AMAPCEO Lifetime Achievement Award, and meets one of the following criteria:
- is at, or near, retirement; and/or
- is leaving an AMAPCEO position; or
- is to be recognized posthumously.
Equity Advocate Award
The Equity Advocate Award is presented to an AMAPCEO member or group of AMAPCEO members who demonstrate(s) an outstanding commitment to advancing AMAPCEO’s Equity Statement through action.
The award honours an AMAPCEO activist or group of AMAPCEO activists who:
- facilitates, leads, or coordinates equity and diversity activities or causes within or outside of the workplace; and
- advocates for fairness, transparency, and accessibility; and
- promotes any of the following:
- racial equality,
- disability justice,
- women’s rights,
- Indigenous rights,
- LGBTQ+ equality, and/or
- justice for other marginalized and/or historically disadvantaged groups.