Our Equity Statement includes a commitment to:
- Eliminating discriminatory and exclusive behaviour, policies, or practices that prevent or undermine the full and equitable participation of all who wish to join and pursue the mission of the organization.
- Taking the proactive steps to ensure that full and equitable participation is possible and will create an environment where union members are respected for their abilities and potential.
- Building a culture in which equity, diversity, tolerance, and safety are fundamental.
To achieve the above Equity Statement, we agree to:
- Respect each member of the group equally;
- Ensure a diversity of voices are heard;
- Listen with intent;
- Speak with purpose;
- Be accountable, hold others accountable;
- Ask questions, be curious, engage with other members;
- Collaborate; and
- Allow disagreements, but work through them with care and kindness.