Skip to main content

Find a Workplace Representative

When should I contact a Workplace Representative?

Workplace Representatives are trained union members who have volunteered to confidentially assist members like you in the workplace. They should be your first point of contact in seeking information and representation with an issue at work.

A Workplace Representative can help if you have questions about your collective agreement, if you believe that your rights have been violated, or if your manager asks you to attend a meeting that may be related to your performance.

Which Workplace Representative should I contact?

This tool can help you connect with Workplace Representatives in your area. You may recognize some of these names.

You can contact any Workplace Representative with the following in mind:

  • You must use a Workplace Representative in your Bargaining Unit.
  • It is best to choose a Workplace Representative from a nearby workplace in the event of an in-person meeting.
  • If you are in the Ontario Public Service, choosing a Workplace Representative in your Ministry might be helpful but is not required.

Workplace Advisors

Workplace Advisors are AMAPCEO staff who advise and guide our Workplace Representatives. It’s best to connect with a Workplace Representative, even if you have collective agreement questions – they are your immediate line of defense in the workplace. Should you not be able to secure a Workplace Representative after many attempts to do so, you can connect with a Workplace Advisor. Find the one for your Unit or Ministry

Select your Employer to begin.